Framing and Hanging artwork
Aquarelltonia ships all artworks ready to be framed. This helps keep shipping costs low and gives you the option of selecting a frame that you like.
When framing your artwork, remember that all art needs room to “breathe”. Be sure to have a matting which separates the art from the frame. An all-around padding of about 3 – 4 inches will give your favorite artwork more appeal.
Hanging artwork can sometimes be a bit of a challenge.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Most pictures look best when placed at eye level.
- Relate Art to Wall Size: Choose smaller pictures for narrow walls and larger works for big wall space.
- Relate Art to Furniture Size: When hanging art over a piece of furniture it should not be longer than the width of the furniture.
- Leave about 6 to 8 inches between the artwork and furniture
- Pictures which complement each other can be placed in groups with 2 to 3 inches in between
Picture displayed: El Golfo, Lanzarote, by Franz Fusseder. Available here.
Picture displayed: Sign Language, by Franz Fusseder. Available here.
Picture displayed: Pont du Gard, by Franz Fusseder. Available here.
Picture displayed: Green Flowers, by Franz Fusseder. Available here.
* Pictures displayed are demonstrations and do not precisely reflect original size or proportions.